Being An Indian

In India I know I live
Colorful and vivid as it is
I am proud to breathe in it.

Being an Indian 

It's my pride to 
Bend down and kiss the land
It's my spirit that
Makes me be rooted with our mother
And stay down to Earth

Being an Indian

It's my prime moral
That touching a woman 
Is touching our mother Earth
And so it bears mountains of respect

Being an Indian

It's a warning for you
An insult to our nation
Is a threat to your existence
That our hearts beat 
With thunderclaps and roars

So we ring those bells at temple doors

To make the world hear 
The sound of our devotion

Being an Indian 

There's a message for the world,
It's not the tone of our accent
But the truth of the words we speak 
That define me as
Being an Indian.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jalebis and Flags

Her eyes...

Adulting 101