Why do I die for F.R.I.E.N.D.S. !?

Since my "Blogging Life", I've written about different  things. But in each of them, I've been keeping one constant factor about me; the essence of my writing, if you may. And the factor is...... (drum roll!!).... F.R.I.E.N.D.S.

Yes, F.R.I.E.N.D.S...!! And today, yes today, is its anniversary. Or should I say F.R.I.E.D.S-aversary  That means, on this day, 23 September in the year 1992, was premiered a television show, which even today (26 years later) has been voted as the best sitcom yet in the comedy genre. 26 years and still as funny and effective as it was then.

So, on this auspicious day, I took the position to write all about it and why I am so mad about and crazily-in-love with it.

First of all, i feel obligated to inform you that it is "F.R.I.E.N.D.S.". Its never just friends or f.r.i.e.n.d.s. or FRIENDS or any such thing. If you are a die-hard  F.R.I.E.N.D.S.-fan then you know how important it is in our world to capitalize those alphabets and never ever forget to put the dots in the middle. I've literally taken an oath that "May my fingers burn and roast in hell if I ever dare to type it differently than F.R.I.E.N.D.S." Yeah-huh.

Moving ahead, for those who have never seen or known what is F.R.I.E.N.D.S., I'll give you a quick preview.....in you mind. The show is about six friends Monica, Ross, Chandler, Rachel, Joey and Phoebe living in New York with each other. The story revolves around the life of these characters, along with the typical life problems and happening of an American citizen. The show has portrayed very efficiently the life of individual character and how all of them play an integral role in each and every other person's life. What's great about this show is that it displays everything in a hilarious and humorous way and the focus is distributed among every character. The directors and executive producers- David Crane, Marta Kaufman and Kevin Bright- have worked very artistically to make this a sensible and at the same time little dramatic show.
And, what's so precious about it, is that it's the only show which is a conjoined junction of the ninetieth and the twentieth century's people's interests. Cause it evolved with time the way people did.

So, since the introduction part of this blog is done, lets move to the personal part. Why do I think that   F.R.I.E.N.D.S is the only passionate idol of my life?
First of all, that's not a question. And if it is, then just like science says, " Every question has an answer." And the answer to this question is The Feeling.

What makes me so affectionate towards it is the feeling that you get while watching it. It's a brilliant mixture of Laughter (obviously), Joy, Sorrow,  Empathy and Hopefulness. Well empathy because you feel like living their life, having those memories. And hopefulness, because it re-affirms your faith in friendship and love.

Second of all, you literally forget your world and your problems, leave them behind and just be in the moment. Laughing, smiling, feeling good. And I'm sure this show can be called, with no doubt, the most effective Anti-Depressant. Well, to get more deep, depression occurs due to deficiency of an important hormone Dopamine. Watching F.R.I.E.N.D.S. will give you the perfect amount of Dopamine that you need. Well, I say this without any proof. But, you know what i mean.

Third, once you are in, you better hope that you have no exams or submissions or important things to do, cause you will never get out of it. In fact, you will never want to get outta it. Once you want out, then at that moment you get out. But I haven't seen or met anyone who 'used to be' a F.R.I.E.N.D.S. fan. A person is either a fan or not a fan, nowhere in the middle.
And this is the reason why my mom is sick of my fandom. I never get out of it. I always have one or another scene running in my mind. I am never not thinking about it. There's no one day that goes by without thinking of it. I have the scenes and jokes and slangs of F.R.I.E.N.D.S. running through my veins. That's right. That's how crazy I am!!!

My fandom has made me do incredible things in life. First, the whole of my vocab and my communication skill is dedicated to F.R.I.E.N.D.S. Second, I've made lot of good friends who also are F.R.I.E.N.D.S. fan. Third, i have proof to show that how much of an enormous fan i am; i've made a video on F.R.I.E.N.D.S., i have all things of F.R.I.E.N.D.S. and i can be a great competitor in a F.R.I.E.N.D.S. Quiz. YEAHHHHH......!!!

So, this is my story of F.R.I.E.N.D.S. fandom. And I am always glad to hear how everybody else is crazy for it. So please, do leave a comment on how big of a fan are you. And also check my other posts on my blog and subscribe if you want to be notified about my posts. Thank you for reading.
Until next time,

BE IDIOT
BE HAPPY

And Happy F.R.I.E.N.D.S.-aversary to you all....







Comments

  1. And I don't need to explain or even hint my love for F.R.I.E.N.D.S.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jalebis and Flags

Her eyes...

Adulting 101